- Provide that all-important first impression of BURN2
- Greet attendees at Gate Road (during October event) and Welcome Area (other BURN2 events)
- Encourage discovery of events, art, camps and performances.
Provide schedules, maps and SLurls, and other useful information about the event.
At October Event:
- Give out “Survival Manuals” and backpacks full of supplies that aid in the recreation of the Burning Man aesthetic in this virtual world simulation.
- Manage gifting resources including official BURN2 “stuff” and gifts contributed by artists and camp builders for distribution to new arrivals at Gate Road / Welcome Area and at strategically placed Gift Tents.
- Answer questions and offer suggestions for maximizing the BURN2 experience and direct attendees to community guides who can provide more direct access to art installations, camps and other festival resources.
- Mentor new burners, coach the Ten Principles, and explain the history of the Burning Man and BURN2 experience.
- Act as eyes and ears for Rangers and may even support Event staff by greeting event attendees.
- At October Event:
- Team Spirit, Sense of the absurd
- Will commit to regular shifts
- Friendly & Patient
- Outgoing, likes approaching strangers
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Preparation of gifting materials for distribution to arrivals at events
- Gate Road during the October Burn event, Welcome Area at other events
- 10-30 hours during October Burn week, 2-10 hours during other events