Adult Content Policy Clarification: Naked Avatars
External Policy: Depiction of nudity on avatars may include the representation of penis, vulva, or nipples using three dimensional objects. If represented in a natural, but non-aroused state, the depiction is acceptable within the guidelines of the sim. Anything that highlights or draws attention to genitalia, presents them as aroused, causes attention to them (such as just wearing a shirt) may be reason for them to be outside of the sim rating, and the participant may be asked to remove them or leave the BURN. BURN2 reflects Burning Man culture, which balances the freedom of individual expression within the needs of community harmony. Anyone disregarding a request to change or adjust his or her appearance to comply with these guidelines may have his or her access to the estate revoked.
Internal Process for Burn2 Staff and Rangers
If anything is questionable or we are unsure, we will err on the side of conservatism until we get a ruling from Burning Man.
BURN2 reflects Burning Man culture, which balances the freedom of individual expression within the needs of community harmony. If the depiction of avatars as unclothed humans offends anyone, we will advise him or her to either walk away or look away.
- Prim genitalia attachments are ok, as long as they are not overly exaggerated (we all know they are a bit exaggerated in SL, but exaggerated to the point of drawing attention to them has sexual intent and not permitted).
- No decorations or elaborations designed to attract attention (e.g., bows, glow-in-the-dark)
- Erections are not permitted.
- Prim genitals will not be allowed at burns or at other heavy attendence events when people are asked to lower their Avatar Complexity scores.
- No particle ejaculate.
- Genitals that are scripted to respond when touched are not ok. The owner will need to either disable this feature or remove the attachment(s).
- Animations or poses designed to attract attention to genitals, such as posing as if encouraging penetration is not ok.
- Shirt cocking is not acceptable. (Wearing a shirt, but no pants, shorts, or underpants.)
- All staff while working, on shift, wearing staff group tags, and/or in costume will need to have their bits covered.
A Further Note:
Naked child avatars are not permitted on any Burn2 region, at any time.