- There will be ONE sim-wide stream during the Winter Burn event, because the stages will not be on their own parcels. This is customary for our smaller events, so only one performer can be playing at any time, and participants can enjoy your awesome tunes while enjoying the art installations throughout the sim. However, for those who have special performance sets participants will be directed to the stage to see your performance as well as hear it.
- Time slots on the signup form are in one-hour increments. DJs typically sign up for two one-hour slots. Live singers can sign up for just one, or two one-hour slots. You may sign up for more than one performance time.
- Check in 15 minutes before your scheduled time. You should have your own stream url (ideally we recommend a 50 user stream), and have it ready to put into the land info when it is time for you to start. Be sure to communicate with the performer who is before you, so they can hand off to you when they are done.
- If you wish to bring your own stage set, you are welcome to do so. Sign up for a performance time on the LIVE STAGE, where you will be able to rez your stage. For set build sizing: The allowed area is 32m wide x 32m deep (1024sqm). Max height 30 meters. Max Land Impact 600 (please!). Don't forget to leave room for your audience to sit and/or dance.
- Performers using the MAIN STAGE can make use of a variety of stage props provided by Burn2's stage, such as lighting, fire and fog effects. These will be available to preview during the week before the event.
- As with all Burn2 events, performers and artists alike must agree to the following rules for Decommodification as required by the Burning Man organization: No tip jars, no group joiners, no in-chat promotion spam, no club advertising. We do encourage you to pimp up your SL profile and to direct people there for more information about you.
The Main Stage is the stage for performers who do not need to rez their own stages or sets for their performances. Live singers and DJs especially like this stage setting, and there is ample room for dancing, too.
When signing up for a slot at the Main Stage, be sure to select the Main Stage before you choose the date, then time that you would like to perform.
For set build sizing: The allowed area is 32m wide x 32m deep (1024sqm). Max height 30 meters. Max Land Impact 600 (please!). Don't forget to leave room for your audience to sit and/or dance!
When signing up for a slot at the Live Stage, be sure to select the Live Stage before you choose the date, then time that you would like to perform.
After you sign up for your performance slot, you will receive a confirmation notecard inworld with the location of the stage where you will perform.
If you have any questions about the performance signup process, stages or schedule, please contact Katy (KhatLuv) or iSkye Silverweb inworld.