Burn2: ANIMALIAOctober 6-15, 2023
Performers at Center Camp
This is the stage primarily used by singers, storytellers and performers who enjoy playing in a more laid-back, relaxed, cozy environment. Small props are fine. Please carefully review the guidelines for the Center Camp Stage before booking your performances.
At Burn2's ANIMALIA event, Center Camp is found in the Beehive region. Use this page to book your performance slot on the Center Camp stage. Keep in mind that this is a small stage; the setting is more casual, intimate and laid-back.
- IMPORTANT: You may reserve a maximum of 3 bookings over the entire event. Please space bookings at least 2 days apart. Each booking must be no more than 2 hours long. Reserve one booking at a time, of 1 or 2 hours duration. To reserve more bookings (max of 3), come back to this page after submitting. Yes, we understand the inconvenience of repetition, but it will aid the Performance team in scheduling.
- Time slots on the signup form are in one-hour increments. Please book 1 or 2 hours at a time.
DJs typically sign up one or two (consecutive) one-hour slots.
Live singers/performers can sign up for one hour.
You may reserve a maximum of 3 bookings over the entire event. Please space bookings at least 2 days apart. Each booking must be no more than 2 hours long.
- Wear your Burn2 Access "Burn2 Performer" tag when you come to perform at Burn2. This will allow you to rez the props or stage set you need for your performance. You will also be able to take the stream when your set begins.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Performers who want to use Media as part of their act can, but should use shared (prim) media, not land media, and not send audio on on the media stream (audio will come via the normal land music audio stream).
- Check in at least 30 minutes before your scheduled time in the Burn2 Access group. If we don't hear from you by 20 minutes before your show time, we will seek a replacement and you may lose your slot.
On the form, you will have the option to enter your own stream URL or we can provide one of ours free of charge. We strongly urge a minimum 100 listener stream. Please have it tested and ready at check-in.
- When you check in, you will be contacted by a stage host. When it comes time for your show, either you or the stage host can perform the handoff with the stream.
- Backup Performers: Occasionally, a performer may be unable to play at their assigned show time. Things happen - loss of Internet, computer glitches, illness. Watch the Burn2 Access group for calls for cover/backup performers when needed. Please communicate with the Performance Lead as soon as possible if you learn you are not able to perform at your assigned time.
- Decommodification: We sincerely appreciate the gift of your talent and time that you share with the Burn2 community! As with all Burn2 events, performers and artists alike are asked to agree to the following rules for Decommodification as required by the Burning Man organization: No tip jars, no group joiners, no in-chat promotion spam, no club advertising. We do encourage you to enhance your SL profile.