BURN2 is an extension of the Burning Man festival and community into the world of Second Life. It is an officially sanctioned Burning Man Regional, the only virtual world Regional out of more than 100 Regional groups worldwide, and the only Regional to burn the Man!
This unique virtual Regional spreads the culture and Ten Principles of Burning Man year-round in Second Life, culminating in an annual major festival of community, art and fire in the fall - a virtual echo of Burning Man itself.
Sunday afternoon the 8th of May will be the scene of a one-hour speedbuild competition - bring form to your best and most creative ideas and build a working art car! Details below, and if you are interested, send your $L50 donation to Pianoman inworld and ask him for a copy of the notecard with the scripts and parts you'll need. Read on for the official rules!
1. $50L donation paid to P1an0man Resident secures your entry - the donations will be transferred to the Fuel the Burn kiosk once entry closes at 3:45pm SLT on Sunday the 8th of May. NOTE: Do NOT directly donate to the Fuel the Burn kiosk if you are entering the contest - we can't record your entry unless you send the donation to Pianoman.
2. Art Car scripts will be provided and may not be modified. However you may add your own scripts eg. particle & special effects.
3. Completed art car LI must be 32 or lower. This is different than prim count. Generally 1 prim=1 LI but there are a few techniques around that you may use.
4. No Mesh or sculpts. This includes using tools like Blender or Mesh Studio. Art Cars must be prim based.
5. Art cars must be built from scratch, on site in the time allotted (one hour), and must be fully working. (Including passenger seating if applicable).
6. Vehicle shapes and textures must be tasteful and not include anything obscene.
7. Winners will be judged by a team of judges from the BURN 2 DMV and planning team. And will receive a trophy according to Best in Show, Best Looking, and Most Unique. Winners will also receive a custom event jacket.
8. Winners will have the option of having their art car on display and drivable at the DMV plot during the 2016 Burn event in October.
Get your seatbelts on, folks ... We're Racing Towards Our 2016 BURN Sims Donation Goal! The Burn is in October ... We need to acquire at least six sims well before then. Currently we have only two.
DONATIONS OF ANY SIZE ARE APPRECIATED! Look for FUEL THE BURN kiosks all over the Playa.
Join us at BURN2 @ the Raceway, where we will have:
Lap Count Races
Lap Endurance Races
Category Art Car Races
That's not all...
Art Car Speed-Build Contest With a L$50 Donation: You will have 1 hour to build an art car from the ground up. Cars will be judged by a panel of 3 judges from BURN2's DMV. Winners of the contest will have their cars featured, displayed (and drivable) at the DMV plot at the Burn event in October. Winners of the following categories will receive a trophy and a customized, one-of-a-kind jacket with your name embroidered on the front pocket, and big event logo on the back.
To be awarded:
-Best in Show -Best Looking (texture work) -Most Unique
Official rules of the contest will be presented soon.
Bikini Car Wash All car washes will be for donations of any size including proxy donations for a friend Every Day, All Day
Including but not limited to: Wash-Wars between the Topless Guys Team and Who Knows? Each team will have their own "Donationometer" ... SO Lets Fill 'em UP!
Also, Pianoman has pledged to wear a string bikini all day for the event. Donations will be accepted to appreciate the view, or to try and persuade him put his clothes back on.
For any Race questions please contact Daark Gothly or P1an0man in world.
Calling All GIRLS & GUYS!!! Washers & Dancers!!!
Sponges and Animations will be provided, and of course bring your own outfits and dance animations. Music will be streaming all day.
To be added to the list of Washers and Dancers...all in bikinis and ? please contact Fifi (aka siouxsieincognita) or Daark Gothly in world.